Open Folder option on the File menu is a convenient way to work with files in a given local folder.
It provides many benefits of using the project window without the steps involved in creating a project.
Hint: Once a folder is opened with this method, you can single click a file to view its content without opening for editing.
You can then use up and down arrow keys to quickly peek through files.
- This build starts up faster on most systems, and should perform better and smoother in general.
Support for running HTML-Kit Tools on Windows 10 (tested on Technical Preview build 10041, as of this writing).
- "Go to Line" pop-up brings up a list of bookmarks for jumping to lines and viewing line content.
To use this feature, open a document and bookmark several lines using Ctrl+F2. Click the "Line/Column" link on the status bar. When the Go to Line window pops up, hold the mouse pointer over a line number to have a peek at the content. If you close the window (Escape key or X icon) without clicking a line, it'll take you back to the line you were editing.
Find Next with Text at the CaretCtrl+F3 ("Edit > Find Selection") finds the next occurrence of the selected text.
If no text is selected, selects the word at the caret and waits for a second Ctrl+F3. This is done to give a chance to verify the automatic selection.
- File name displayed on the bottom of the editor (next to Edit and Preview tabs) can now be clicked for quickly accessing file related actions.
- "Show in Explorer" option on document tab right click menu opens the document folder in Windows Explorer with the file name selected.
- "Show in Explorer" option on the right click menu in project windows opens Windows Explorer and selects the file name. If the project item is a folder, opens the folder in Windows Explorer. Only applicable to local files and folders.
New Change Log
HTML-Kit Tools ChangeLog has been redesigned to make it easier to navigate and discover new features.
The search box provides instant results for quick access to older entries.
You can click images for wider views and for sliding through them in gallery mode.
The ChangeLog window (Help > Check for Updates menu option) can be resized to show more, or less, information.
- Multiple selections can now be updated with a single paste command.
- "Absolute path with quotes" option on "Project Window context menu > Insert in Editor" for inserting images and other files with paths absolute to the site root.
Shift-JIS character encoding (Shift Japanese Industrial Standards) can now be used to open and save documents in Japanese language.
Initial support for editing Go language files.
Initial support for editing Rust language files.
Initial support for editing Lua language files.
Initial support for editing D language files.
Initial support for editing Dart language files.
Initial support for editing TypeScript language files.
Initial support for editing Erlang language files.
Initial support for editing Haskell language files.
- Support for running on PCs with Windows 8 Computer Security Compliance Group Policy Objects (typically in environments where multiple computers are managed through a Domain Controller).
Insert on Copy"Edit > Paste Plus > Insert on Copy 2" menu option brings up a docked window that gathers text as you copy text, inside HTML-Kit or in other applications.
For example, let's say that you have a list of unformatted links. It could be a file opened in HTML-Kit, a web page in a browser or just plain text in any other type of application. These URLs aren't in any particular order or in a list. To create a ordered list out of them you might have to manually copy each URL, switch to HTML-Kit, paste and wrap it in ... tags. With this new Insert on Copy feature, you can simply keep copying these URLs and let HTML-Kit construct HTML anchor tags for you. You don't even have to switch back and forth HTML-Kit and the other application. This is just a quick example but you can copy any type of text and have it wrapped in custom code.
- The UI Theme drop-down now has a section for selecting the user interface language. Currently supports toggling between English, Dutch, German, Italian and Spanish.
- HTML-Kit Tools setup program has been updated with the Spanish translation kindly provided by Rodrigo. Dutch, German and Italian translations have also been updated thanks to Gerard, Martin and Luca.
Selecting a language during setup also enables that language in HTML-Kit Tools.
- Custom tag field on Image Picker window now properly handles Cut (Ctrl+X), Copy (Ctrl+C), Paste (Ctrl+V), Select all (Ctrl+A), Undo (Ctrl+Z) and Delete keys.
- Fix for cached previews not updating while editing style sheets.
- Kit Hints no longer show up on Windows Alt+Tab screen.