- "Go to Line" popup for quickly jumping to or viewing bookmarked lines.
To use this feature, open a document and bookmark several lines using Ctrl+F2. Click the "Line/Column" link on the status bar. When the Go to Line window pops up, hold the mouse pointer over a line number to have a peek at the content. If you close the window (Escape key or X icon) without clicking a line, it'll take you back to the line you were editing.
- "Edit > Paste Plus > Insert on Copy" menu option brings up a docked window that gathers text as you copy text, inside HTML-Kit or in other applications.
For example, let's say that you have a list of unformatted links. It could be a file opened in HTML-Kit, a web page in a browser or just plain text in any other type of application. These URLs aren't in any particular order or in a list. To create a ordered list out of them you might have to manually copy each URL, switch to HTML-Kit, paste and wrap it in ... tags. With this new Insert on Copy feature, you can simply keep copying these URLs and let HTML-Kit construct HTML anchor tags for you. You don't even have to switch back and forth HTML-Kit and the other application. This is just a quick example but you can copy any type of text and have it wrapped in custom code.
- Quickly switch user interface language using the UI Theme drop-down (icon near Help menu). Currently supports English, Dutch, German, Italian and Spanish.
- The setup program has been updated with Spanish translation kindly provided by Rodrigo. Selecting Spanish at the start of the setup also enables Spanish translation in HTML-Kit Tools. Thank you Rodrigo!
- Dutch, German and Italian translations have also been updated to the latest versions. Thank you Gerard, Martin and Luca!
- Support for running on PCs with Windows 8 Computer Security Compliance Group Policy Objects (typically in environments where multiple computers are managed through a Domain Controller).
- Fix for cached previews not updating while editing style sheets.
- Ctrl+F3 ("Edit > Find Selection") for quickly finding the next occurrence of the selected text. If no text is selected, selects the word at the caret and waits for a second Ctrl+F3. This is done to give a chance to verify the automatic selection.
- Initial support for editing Lua language (www.lua.org) files (*.lua)
- Initial support for editing Dart language (www.dartlang.org) files (*.dart)
- Initial support for editing TypeScript language (www.typescriptlang.org) files (*.ts)
- Initial support for editing Erlang language (www.erlang.org) files (*.erl)