url picker?

• Advertisement ( why? )

slider, 14th Sep 2014 10:42 pm

I thought I once, by accident, found a way to insert a file url into an anchor href or other link, like the one for inserting images. Maybe not. Does anyone know? As it is, I have to open an explore pane (like using "save as") and drilling down for the file I'm looking for, click on it, copy and paste the path from the pane into the open document and then massage it if I want a relative path. gotta be an easier way than that. thanx.

• Dave P, 15th Sep 2014 8:16 am

On 9/14/2014 11:42 PM, slider wrote:

I thought I once, by accident, found a way to insert a file url into
      an anchor href or other link, like the one for inserting images.
      Maybe not. Does anyone know? As it is, I have to open an explore
      pane (like using "save as") and drilling down for the file I'm
      looking for, click on it, copy and paste the path from the pane into
      the open document and then massage it if I want a relative path.
      gotta be an easier way than that. thanx.

Highlight your link text, then on the HTML ribbon, click the downward
      pointing arrow under the links icon and select the type of link you want
      to create, probably "Link to external URI". One of the options there
      should do what you want. Tools will remember the last selected option
      until you change it or restart the program.

I hope that helps.
      Dave Pyles

• slider, 20th Sep 2014 4:10 pm

yes dave, that works, though I wish there was a simple one-click default (and not buried in a ribbon section) that brought up the uri without preformatting for a particular choice of tag. Most times I'm just changing an existing uri or putting it into some other style or markup than simply an anchor element, or I already have an anchor element and just need to insert the path by itself. More work and error-prone to have to delete all the surrounding format. Better still would be a uri search&pick icon upon on the quick task bar, maybe next to the img picker. Same for the img picker - a simple click should give us a plain path insert as default without having to choose from the list of options, don't you think?

I do thank you for answering.