Unable to access FTP server

• Advertisement ( why? )

Rubicon, 3rd Oct 2016 5:44 pm

I recently had to change laptops since the screen quit working on my old laptop. I was running that laptop with Windows 10 and the new laptop I purchased is running under Windows 10. I had no problems loading files and uploading them to the server. Since changing computers, I am unable to load or to upload a file if I am lucky enough to load it to begin with. Is this a server issue or an HTML-Kit issue? As far as I know, I didn't change any settings from one computer to the next. Occasionally I am able to load a file but even rarer is the time that I can successfully upload the file after making changes. Any suggestions?

• Rubicon, 4th Oct 2016 6:16 pm

I disabled AVG and also the Microsoft firewall and attempted to upload the file and it did not help a bit. I took a screen shot of the error message I got and also the last part of the FTP log if that might help. How do I attach a graphic?

• HTML-Kit Support, 10th Oct 2016 8:38 am

On 10/4/2016 6:16 PM, Rubicon wrote:

I disabled AVG and also the Microsoft firewall and attempted to
        upload the file and it did not help a bit. I took a screen shot of
        the error message I got and also the last part of the FTP log if that
        might help. How do I attach a graphic?

Hi,

I didn't see your newsgroup post until now but I did reply to your email
        about this. Please note that the support forum has moved to
        https://support.htmlkit.com and you can easily attach images on to posts
        on there.

Chami