Proofing-Spelling will not work

• Advertisement ( why? )

Brianran, 19th Dec 2015 10:58 am

Forum It seems to work now.
    Spelling request responds with cant find dictionary files.
    I have not used for a while therefore cant say when it stopped not wortking 20151008 and
    latest 20151017
    Can you help as I need it now I am Populating a new Ruby-sss-susy site.
    Brianran

• HTML-Kit Support, 19th Dec 2015 12:30 pm

On 12/19/2015 10:58 AM, Brianran wrote:

Forum It seems to work now.
      Spelling request responds with cant find dictionary files.
      I have not used for a while therefore cant say when it stopped not
      wortking 20151008 and latest 20151017
      Can you help as I need it now I am Populating a new Ruby-sss-susy site.
      Brianran

Hi,

I replied to your email before seeing this post but please make sure
      that Firefox is installed. Tools uses dictionaries from Firefox instead
      of packing its own.

When you mentioned forum posts in the email I didn't check this
      newsgroup because I thought you meant the new forum. So looks like your
      posts made it after all.

New forum:

https://support.htmlkit.com/forums/

Chami

• Brianran, 19th Dec 2015 6:59 pm

Sorry but i have tried every thing but still insists that it can,t find dictionary file.
        I see that the file to open with has been changed with recent update to edge and this could be the problem.
        It has happened to all my tools HTML files.
        I tried opening with firefox but cant replace edge with Firefox even after i have changed in file property.
        Any further ideas
        Brianran

• Brianran, 19th Dec 2015 7:11 pm

i have managed t o change all html to firefox mut still cant find dictionary etc.

• bill, 20th Dec 2015 10:25 am

On 12/19/2015 8:11 PM, Brianran wrote:

i have managed t o change all html to firefox mut still cant find dictionary etc.

Do you have the Firefox browser installed?

• Brianran, 21st Dec 2015 8:16 am

Yes I have both standard Firefox and Development version, this could be the reason although Windows update has tried to force edge on to my HTML files now changed back to firefox.
              Spelling is not working using this reply either.I have checked both versions and it has spelling ticked under advanced section of options.
              Brianran

• Brianran, 21st Dec 2015 11:43 am

I have loaded HTML kits 20150320 into my old Windows 7 having updated all and also allowed Firefox to update to same version on my windows 10 (Desktop)
                My old computer has no problems in that it immediately when asked points out your spelling mistakes.
                I therefore deleted Tools on my desktop and reinstalled 20150320.
                It still can,t find dictionery. Should I try again and also delete any other parts of Tools such as preferences etc and reset as my laptop windows 10 is also effected the same way.
                Both take a long time to come alive after closing files in Tools as much as 50 seconds.
                Could it be windows updates??
                Can't make any progress on my web pages.
                I have just tried on old machine opens and closes fast<,but style no fully right BUT SPELLING OK>
                Please give me some suggestions

• HTML-Kit Support, 21st Dec 2015 12:16 pm

On 12/21/2015 11:43 AM, Brianran wrote:

I have loaded HTML kits 20150320 into my old Windows 7 having updated
                  all and also allowed Firefox to update to same version on my windows
                  10 (Desktop)
                  My old computer has no problems in that it immediately when asked
                  points out your spelling mistakes.
                  I therefore deleted Tools on my desktop and reinstalled 20150320.
                  It still can,t find dictionery. Should I try again and also delete
                  any other parts of Tools such as preferences etc and reset as my
                  laptop windows 10 is also effected the same way.
                  Both take a long time to come alive after closing files in Tools as
                  much as 50 seconds.
                  Could it be windows updates??
                  Can't make any progress on my web pages.
                  I have just tried on old machine opens and closes fast<,but style no
                  fully right BUT SPELLING OK>
                  Please give me some suggestions

Reinstalling Tools wouldn't help with the dictionary issue because
                  that's about finding those files in Firefox installation. Is Firefox
                  installed using their original setup (not using a portable setup from a
                  third-party)? Is there a difference in language setting (UK English vs
                  US English)?

Since Windows 10 runs on so many different devices, may I ask what
                  hardware your old computer and the new computer have? Feel free to email
                  me if you prefer not to post here.

Chami

• Brianran, 21st Dec 2015 3:43 pm

Firsly I use RUBY-SASS_SUSY in case this has bearing is there a cache that can be cleared.
                    HI I have managed to change dictionary choice in advanced setting on tools .
                    I first of all changed language in Firefox to USA_en in options, then tools dictionary setttings
                    IT has worked on my Desktop, but will not respond to same setup on laptop.
                    My desktop is Intel Ci core 5 and laptop 3i. Old computer runs on a AMD processor it is slow and cant be run on windows 10, but manages on Windows 7
                    they are both 8gb ram.
                    Firefox has been on machine from download when bought.
                    I run 2 printer an HP and a Cannon.
                    I could try going back on the Laptop to version 20150320 from the treehouse version of 20151008.
                    Hope this helps
                    Brianran

• HTML-Kit Support, 21st Dec 2015 3:55 pm

On 12/21/2015 3:43 PM, Brianran wrote:

Firsly I use RUBY-SASS_SUSY in case this has bearing is there a
                      cache that can be cleared.
                      HI I have managed to change dictionary choice in advanced setting on
                      tools .
                      I first of all changed language in Firefox to USA_en in options,
                      then tools dictionary setttings
                      IT has worked on my Desktop, but will not respond to same setup on
                      laptop.
                      My desktop is Intel Ci core 5 and laptop 3i. Old computer runs on a
                      AMD processor it is slow and cant be run on windows 10, but manages
                      on Windows 7 they are both 8gb ram.
                      Firefox has been on machine from download when bought.
                      I run 2 printer an HP and a Cannon.
                      I could try going back on the Laptop to version 20150320 from the
                      treehouse version of 20151008.
                      Hope this helps
                      Brianran

Thank you for the details. Before I start setting up a test case here,
                      could you please try one more thing for me? If Firefox was on the
                      computer when you bought it, let's rule out the possibility of it being
                      a custom version. Download and reinstall Firefox from:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

and reopen Tools. No need to reinstall Tools. Any luck?

Chami

• Brianran, 22nd Dec 2015 5:32 am

Laptop I have reinstalled done in En gb but even if I change firefox to en-usa it still can,t find dictionary.
                        Tools has only got en-usa in setup how can I add in En-gb.to setup ( only other option to try)
                        My other computers are ok in en-usa so I can cope with that.
                        Thanks for all your help.
                        I notice that when I have say 6-10 files open and i close all there is a delay before any action.
                        Then when I close tools there is a blank screen for 3-4 seconds. ITs if the processing is slowed down.
                        Any way thanks if you can help further if not I will have to manage
                        Brianran

• HTML-Kit Support, 22nd Dec 2015 11:02 am

On 12/22/2015 5:32 AM, Brianran wrote:

Laptop I have reinstalled done in En gb but even if I change firefox
                          to en-usa it still can,t find dictionary.
                          Tools has only got en-usa in setup how can I add in En-gb.to setup (
                          only other option to try)
                          My other computers are ok in en-usa so I can cope with that.
                          Thanks for all your help.

Oh you're welcome! To add en-gb, open Add-ons from hamburger menu in
                          Firefox and search for British English Dictionary. Once it's installed,
                          reopen Tools.

I notice that when I have say 6-10 files open and i close all there
                          is a delay before any action.
                          Then when I close tools there is a blank screen for 3-4 seconds. ITs
                          if the processing is slowed down.
                          Any way thanks if you can help further if not I will have to manage
                          Brianran

It shouldn't take that long. If your drives are already defragmented,
                          Windows Defender might be taking a bit of time to rescan those files.

Chami

• Brianran, 22nd Dec 2015 12:14 pm

Well done at first it didn't work but when I went into preferences I could apply the new entry
                            Thanks a lot. As well as de-fragmenting the drive I had also cleaned out all the temps etc., back to as it was, some times pauses a second or two but a lot better.
                            Good
                            Brianran