Problem with update preview in html kit tools

• Advertisement ( why? )

feng, 27th Sep 2012 1:00 pm

Hi,

I have an problem with update prewiev in html kit-tools:
    I created a file - index.html - which has an external style sheet - foglio.css.
    When I write code in the style sheet, save, and then go on the html file - which contains the command in the head'' - <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="foglio.css"/> - to see updates on the preview but they are not visible.
    Can anyone help me?
    thank you.

Feng.

• HTML-Kit Support, 27th Sep 2012 1:08 pm

On 9/27/2012 1:00 PM, feng wrote:

Hi,

I have an problem with update prewiev in html kit-tools:
      I created a file - index.html - which has an external style sheet -
      foglio.css.
      When I write code in the style sheet, save, and then go on the html
      file - which contains the command in the head'' - <link
      rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="foglio.css"/> - to see updates
      on the preview but they are not visible.
      Can anyone help me?
      thank you.

Feng.

Hi Feng,

Which version of HTML-Kit Tools are you using?

Most likely, this is a style sheet caching issue but are you using F12
      for previewing after saving CSS file? Or are you using Ctrl+F12 preview?

Chami

• feng, 1st Oct 2012 2:08 pm

Hello chami,
        The version I'm using is: 20120815.

After you save the CSS file using the button - preview or F12 do not see the code update.
        While if I use Ctrl + F12 then displays the update.
        What do you suggest I do?

Thanks, Feng.

• HTML-Kit Support, 2nd Oct 2012 3:04 pm

On 9/28/2012 12:18 AM, feng wrote:

Hello chami,
          The version I'm using is: 20120815.

After you save the CSS file using the button - preview or F12 do not
          see the code update.
          While if I use Ctrl + F12 then displays the update.
          What do you suggest I do?

Thanks, Feng.

Hi Feng,

I'm sorry about the long delay in getting back to you. I've had to deal
          with some server hardware issues over the weekend.

So I did a quick test with a HTML file and linked CSS file. Updating CSS
          file, saving and then previewing the HTML file again with F12 seems to
          show changes in CSS.

Are the files you're previewing going through a server or are they local
          files opened with Ctrl+O?

If you don't mind please try this: select "Temp" profile using "Kit >
          Profiles > Extra > Temp" main menu option. Open index.html and
          foglio.css files, and retry the preview. Does the preview show CSS
          changes? If not, does pressing F12 a few times update the preview (this
          helps with cached files)?

Chami

• feng, 2nd Oct 2012 10:50 pm

Hello Chami,

Do not worry, over the weekend I saw that you had problems with our server, all right?

I tried to follow your suggestion and everything works, the preview updates in one!

I would like to understand how to use the profiles and what they are to fully know html kit tools: there is a guide about it?

Thanks for your help, Feng!

• HTML-Kit Support, 3rd Oct 2012 8:02 am

On 10/2/2012 10:50 PM, feng wrote:

Hello Chami,

Do not worry, over the weekend I saw that you had problems with our
              server, all right?

I tried to follow your suggestion and everything works, the preview
              updates in one!

I would like to understand how to use the profiles and what they are
              to fully know html kit tools: there is a guide about it?

Thanks for your help, Feng!

Great! I'm glad it worked.

Profiles are like having different user logins. Each profile has its own
              set of preferences, recent files, projects, etc.

The reason I wanted to try a new profile was to see if the preview
              worked with default settings. If you go back to the default profile
              (closing and reopening Tools should do this), does the preview still
              work as expected?

If it does, the caching issue may have been a temporary hiccup.

If it doesn't (but still works if you switch to temp profile), then it
              might be a change in preferences. I know that it's going to be difficult
              to switch back and forth profiles to compare preferences, so let me add
              this to the to-do list: a way to compare all preferences on a single page :)

Chami

• Baleog, 5th Oct 2012 3:54 am

Hi Chami,

I am having the same issue this morning, however logging on using the temp profile does not fix the issue for me.

I have a html file and an external css file which are stored in the same folder. These files are tutorial files which previously (before today) updated fine for me. Using Ctrl+F12 does show the updates, but not F12.

Strangely though, the separate html and css files (stored in the same folder, but a different folder to the tutorial files) are updating using preview.

Any advise?

Thanks
                Simon

• HTML-Kit Support, 5th Oct 2012 3:45 pm

On 10/5/2012 3:54 AM, Baleog wrote:

Hi Chami,

I am having the same issue this morning, however logging on using the
                  temp profile does not fix the issue for me.

I have a html file and an external css file which are stored in the
                  same folder. These files are tutorial files which previously (before
                  today) updated fine for me. Using Ctrl+F12 does show the updates,
                  but not F12.

Strangely though, the separate html and css files (stored in the same
                  folder, but a different folder to the tutorial files) are updating
                  using preview.

Any advise?

Thanks
                  Simon

Hi Simon,

Are you also running 20120815? Does running TreeHouse build 20120916 (in
                  http://www.htmlkit.com/assistant/ > Downloads) make any difference?

I'm still thinking that this is a caching issue but may end up adding a
                  refresh button as a manual override.

Chami

• feng, 5th Oct 2012 10:39 pm

Hello Chami,

Unfortunately today I was resubmitted the problem: I've also tried to download the TreeHouse Build 20120916 but the problem remains ...
                    With Ctrl + F12 updates but with F12 pressed several times or the "Preview" button does not update.
                    How do I fix this?

Hello Feng.

• Baleog, 6th Oct 2012 3:07 am

Hi Chami,

I tried this out but unfortunately the treehouse hasn't made a difference. I had previously been using 20120815. Can yuo suggest anything else?

Thanks,
                    Simon

• feng, 6th Oct 2012 9:10 pm

Hello Chami,
                      then:
                      If I save the two files: prova.html and foglio.css in the directory - htdocs - local xampp server on my computer, there are no problems, by clicking the button at the bottom left of the preview - tidy - all updates.

While if you save the two files into a regular folder on my computer, the only way to upgrade is Ctrl + F12.

I installed version TreeHouse Build 20120916.

I hope this can help you solve the problem.

Hello and thank you for your response!

Feng.