Preview on devices

• Advertisement ( why? )

vonsita, 12th Nov 2012 9:06 am

Hi Chami, here again with the preview-on-devices thing. Haven't checked it on the latest build as you told me there wasn't enough time to address it on this release, but, well here I'm again.

The problem is that after a few tries, all of a sudden the app looks zoomed-in on a device and it won't come back to normal, it stays zoomed-in.

On the other hand when working ok somehow the server does not allows you to hide the mobile-device browser address bar. Those of us who work on mobile development use different techniques to hide the address bar but none of them seem to work with Tools.

Something went out of adjustment 'cause I remember it was working correctly a few builds back

I really appreciate your help on this, Chami, and keep up with the with good work!

(Remember there's an article pending in the oven, but may be a this point is getting a little over-cooked)

Altough a little busy right now, I'm available for any testing you might need.

Thank you!!

Alfredo.

• HTML-Kit Support, 14th Nov 2012 10:32 am

On 11/12/2012 9:06 AM, vonsita wrote:

Hi Chami, here again with the preview-on-devices thing. Haven't
      checked it on the latest build as you told me there wasn't enough
      time to address it on this release, but, well here I'm again.

The problem is that after a few tries, all of a sudden the app looks
      zoomed-in on a device and it won't come back to normal, it stays
      zoomed-in.

On the other hand when working ok somehow the server does not allows
      you to hide the mobile-device browser address bar. Those of us who
      work on mobile development use different techniques to hide the
      address bar but none of them seem to work with Tools.

Something went out of adjustment 'cause I remember it was working
      correctly a few builds back

I really appreciate your help on this, Chami, and keep up with the
      with good work!

(Remember there's an article pending in the oven, but may be a this
      point is getting a little over-cooked)

Altough a little busy right now, I'm available for any testing you
      might need.

Thank you!!

Alfredo.

Hi Alfredo,

I wanted to get a new test build done before replying. Let me know if
      this new TreeHouse build (20121102) works any better for you.

Chami

• vonsita, 21st Nov 2012 7:09 am

Hi Chami, sorry but been a little (a lot actually) busy lately. Well thing is, canĀ“t preview 'cause somehow Tools server is being blocked (again) by, I think, IIS or at lest TCPView shows that localhost:8088 port is used by System PID 4.

Thing is, I also need IIS (and Webmatrix 2 and Visual Studio Express for Web 2012 for my XBOX game-making efforts) and was wondering if there's a chance of making Tools talk on a different port, say 50000.

Thank you!!

Alfredo.

• vonsita, 21st Nov 2012 8:21 pm

Ignore my last post Chami, let me try a few things please...

Thank you,

Alfredo.

• vonsita, 10th Dec 2012 1:25 am

Hi Chami, finally ready to test, my server-blocking days are over, for now. How do I upgrade my Tools with the proposed build without a double installation?

Thank you!

Alfredo.

• HTML-Kit Support, 10th Dec 2012 2:52 pm

On 12/10/2012 1:25 AM, vonsita wrote:

Hi Chami, finally ready to test, my server-blocking days are over, for now. How do I upgrade my Tools with the proposed build without a double installation?

Thank you!

Alfredo.

Hi Alfredo,

Yay! Let me know if it needs to be tweaked to work with the framework
              you're using.

You can just install the test build over your current installation.
              It'll keep your projects, templates, etc. To be cautious, you can always
              backup your data files using "Kit > Backup" menu before installing test
              builds.

Chami

• vonsita, 11th Dec 2012 8:02 pm

Well, guess what? It works!! It required a bit of jQuery, but when the app loads the address bar hides away and no more zooming in or out.

Thank you very much! and before anything happens lets post that article! I'm quite busy right now (and need to change some images) but I'll do my best to have it ready this week for your approval.

I really see future on this Tools feature. For example RIM Ripple Emulator requires apps be previewed through a server, this is also the case with Sencha Touch 2 and lots of Game Engines.

All that will be needed to make HTK-Tools a mobile IDE is a little of javascript code completion.

Than you!!

Alfredo.

• HTML-Kit Support, 12th Dec 2012 11:24 am

On 12/11/2012 8:02 PM, vonsita wrote:

Well, guess what? It works!! It required a bit of jQuery, but when
                  the app loads the address bar hides away and no more zooming in or
                  out.

Thank you very much! and before anything happens lets post that
                  article! I'm quite busy right now (and need to change some images)
                  but I'll do my best to have it ready this week for your approval.

I really see future on this Tools feature. For example RIM Ripple
                  Emulator requires apps be previewed through a server, this is also
                  the case with Sencha Touch 2 and lots of Game Engines.

All that will be needed to make HTK-Tools a mobile IDE is a little of
                  javascript code completion.

Than you!!

Alfredo.

Greeeeat! I'm very happy to hear that :)

Chami