LESS (not less!) is coming to Tools

  • Advertisement ( why? )
     
    • Luca, 28th Jun 2012 10:07 am

      I REALLY LOVE YOU CHAMI!!!!!!! :-))))))))))

      Can I kiss you!?!?!??!? ahahahahahah

      I love lesscss and support by HTML-Kit Tools is a Sky gift!!!!!! :-)))

      • HTML-Kit Support, 28th Jun 2012 10:24 am

        On 6/28/2012 10:07 AM, Luca wrote:

        I REALLY LOVE YOU CHAMI!!!!!!! :-))))))))))

        Can I kiss you!?!?!??!? ahahahahahah

        I love lesscss and support by HTML-Kit Tools is a Sky gift!!!!!!
        :-)))

        You made my day, Luca. I love your enthusiasm! Now let's see if I can
        make LESS+Tools half as good as your expectations :)

        Chami

    • Charles, 28th Jun 2012 10:05 am

      On 6/28/2012 10:19 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

      Anyone using LESS?

      If you write a lot of CSS or maintain large CSS files, this may make you
      happy :)

      http://www.htmlkit.com/blog/less-is-coming-to-tools/

      Chami

      I had not heard of LESS but have now read totally its web site and see
      some great potential in its use. This coming on just when I was getting
      a fairly firm understanding of CSS --- now something else to learn how
      to make it work.

      Interesting, I will certainly give it a try.

      Charles

      • HTML-Kit Support, 28th Jun 2012 10:36 am

        On 6/28/2012 10:05 AM, Charles wrote:

        On 6/28/2012 10:19 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

        Anyone using LESS?

        If you write a lot of CSS or maintain large CSS files, this may make you
        happy :)

        http://www.htmlkit.com/blog/less-is-coming-to-tools/

        Chami

        I had not heard of LESS but have now read totally its web site and see
        some great potential in its use. This coming on just when I was getting
        a fairly firm understanding of CSS --- now something else to learn how
        to make it work.

        Interesting, I will certainly give it a try.

        Charles

        The nice thing about LESS is that it's backwards compatible. So it's
        easy to adopt its extensions as you need them. Even something simple
        like this can improve readability and make it easier to reuse CSS in
        multiple sites.

         @logo_color: #aa0022;
        
         div {
           color: @logo_color;
           border:1px solid  @logo_color;
         }
        

        Chami

      • HTML-Kit Support, 28th Jun 2012 10:28 am

        On 6/28/2012 10:16 AM, Dave Pyles wrote:

        On 6/28/2012 10:19 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

        Anyone using LESS?

        If you write a lot of CSS or maintain large CSS files, this may make you
        happy :)

        http://www.htmlkit.com/blog/less-is-coming-to-tools/

        Chami

        YES!!
        Dave

        If I had known there were this many fans of LESS I might have integrated
        it sooner :) Nice to see the cheers though. It's a great tool.

        Chami

    • Chuck P, 28th Jun 2012 6:13 pm

      HTML5 and now LESS ... Thankgoodness the learning never stops or I might be
      forced to get old.

      --
      Bald

      • HTML-Kit Support, 28th Jun 2012 7:14 pm

        On 6/28/2012 6:13 PM, Chuck Putnam wrote:

        HTML5 and now LESS ... Thankgoodness the learning never stops or I
        might beforced to get old.

        -- Bald

        Ha ha! I like that.

        Chami

        • Luca, 27th Jul 2012 3:28 am

          I'm impatient to see this new features...... when will I see?!!?!?!? :D

        • Luca, 27th Jul 2012 3:28 am

          I'm impatient to see this new features...... when will I see it?!!?!?!? :D

          • HTML-Kit Support, 27th Jul 2012 10:59 am

            On 7/27/2012 3:28 AM, Luca wrote:

            I'm impatient to see this new features...... when will I see
            it?!!?!?!? :D

            How do you say "Are we there yet" in Italian? :) (j/k)

            I'm still working on it, but let me try to post a TreeHouse build with
            some of the features that are almost ready.

            Chami

            • HTML-Kit Support, 28th Jul 2012 3:06 am

              On 7/27/2012 10:59 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

              On 7/27/2012 3:28 AM, Luca wrote:

              I'm impatient to see this new features...... when will I see
              it?!!?!?!? :D

              Just posted TreeHouse build 20120721 with initial support for opening
              *.less files and colorizing them.

              I haven't had much time to test this build. Wanted to give you a LESS
              toy before I get some zzzzzzs.

              Chami

              • Luca, 30th Jul 2012 2:10 am

                Great! I will try it as soon as possible. :-))))
                Many months ago you said that in the future Colorizer will become similar to one present in 292 version. If you will make it easier and user friendly, also new colorizer theme for less will be available sooner thanks to community :-)

                • Luca, 31st Jul 2012 1:51 am

                  It runs correctly.... maybe too few contrast with default colorizer theme but.... it correctly recoginize new syntax ;-)

                  • HTML-Kit Support, 31st Jul 2012 4:34 pm

                    On 7/31/2012 1:51 AM, Luca wrote:

                    It runs correctly.... maybe too few contrast with default colorizer
                    theme but.... it correctly recoginize new syntax ;-)

                    Thank you so much, Luca, for checking this out.

                    I'll try to add a more colorizer themes before the general release.

                    Chami

                • HTML-Kit Support, 31st Jul 2012 4:37 pm

                  On 7/30/2012 2:10 AM, Luca wrote:

                  Great! I will try it as soon as possible. :-))))
                  Many months ago you said that in the future Colorizer will become
                  similar to one present in 292 version. If you will make it easier
                  and user friendly, also new colorizer theme for less will be
                  available sooner thanks to community :-)

                  :) I know you're right.

                  It's not that I'm opposed to making it easier to create colorizer styles
                  but it just takes a lot of time. And sometimes that investment in time
                  doesn't pay off.

                  For now though, here's how you can customize colorizer styles:

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKJCUPICBi4

                  Chami

                  • Luca, 1st Aug 2012 2:12 am

                    I knew this method. Some months ago I tried to create my night colorizer style but after... I leave it...... a little too difficult to try and obtain results that I would like.... :-(((