keyboard shortcut options

• Advertisement ( why? )

ginerjm, 14th Jan 2013 4:01 pm

I have created a few unique shortcuts (well, some) and have not had them just the way I'd like them. What I would like to know is what do "movecursor" and the other options in the "begin-shortcut" statemtn mean? What I'm trying to accomplish is this:

Create a { } pair with a blank line in between them and the cursor positioned on that blank line. Then I only have to hit tab and begin typing to fill in the braces. Ideally it would be especially nice if the insertion respected the current tab position and inserted the closing brace at the same tab level. I can live with the cursor being at column 1 as long as the braces are in place.

Can any of this be done?

• Dave P, 14th Jan 2013 4:37 pm

On 1/14/2013 5:01 PM, ginerjm wrote:

I have created a few unique shortcuts (well, some) and have not had them just the way I'd like them. What I would like to know is what do "movecursor" and the other options in the "begin-shortcut" statemtn mean? What I'm trying to accomplish is this:

Create a { } pair with a blank line in between them and the cursor positioned on that blank line. Then I only have to hit tab and begin typing to fill in the braces. Ideally it would be especially nice if the insertion respected the current tab position and inserted the closing brace at the same tab level. I can live with the cursor being at column 1 as long as the braces are in place.

Can any of this be done?

I think what you want is already in Tools. Take a look in Edit >
      Preferences > Editor > Auto Complete. If the Auto Complete option is
      turned for braces, when you type the opening brace the closing brace
      will be added with the cursor between them.

Dave Pyles