Incorporate After the Deadline?

• Advertisement ( why? )

arbpen, 11th Jun 2012 12:41 pm

Hey, Chami. You know what would be really, really, really great? If After the Deadline could be integrated into Tools, I would be a very, very happy camper.

For those of you who do not know what AtD is, it's a spelling and grammar checker. It's available as a plug-in for Firefox and Chrome, but only on textarea, and also as a plug-in for Open Office. Basically, what it does it send the content to the server, and the server responds back with spelling errors, grammatical errors, and grammatical suggestions. It's open source.

The only issue I can really think of is that it would probably balk at code. Perhaps it could some kind of way be integrated into Preview? That way it wouldn't have to try to handle code.

AFAIK, there is nothing like this for any web development software, package, etc.

I'm not a good plug-in writer. I admit it! Here's the link to the developer page at AtD, maybe someone can take a look? http://www.afterthedeadline.com/development.slp

• Charles, 11th Jun 2012 8:26 pm

On 6/11/2012 1:41 PM, arbpen wrote:

Hey, Chami. You know what would be really, really, really great? If After the Deadline could be integrated into Tools, I would be a very, very happy camper.

For those of you who do not know what AtD is, it's a spelling and grammar checker. It's available as a plug-in for Firefox and Chrome, but only on textarea, and also as a plug-in for Open Office. Basically, what it does it send the content to the server, and the server responds back with spelling errors, grammatical errors, and grammatical suggestions. It's open source.

The only issue I can really think of is that it would probably balk at code. Perhaps it could some kind of way be integrated into Preview? That way it wouldn't have to try to handle code.

AFAIK, there is nothing like this for any web development software, package, etc.

I'm not a good plug-in writer. I admit it! Here's the link to the developer page at AtD, maybe someone can take a look? http://www.afterthedeadline.com/development.slp

HK Tools has a spell checker --- if you have Firefox installed.
      Difficult to see how a grammar checker would be of use with the presence
      of all the HTML, CSS and perhaps scripts.

Charles

• arbpen, 12th Jun 2012 3:26 am

Yes, I do have Firefox installed, and I do use the spell checker, but a grammar checker would be better.

I got spoiled using AtD with my WordPress blog. I use HTML when I'm writing, I don't like the WYSIWYG, and AtD doesn't pay any attention to the code when I invoke the proofreader.

For example, I got a new client who was nice enough to send his content in a Word document. I opened it in Open Office Writer so I could use the AtD plugin. There were no spelling errors, but it did have some suggestions as to rewording the content to make it read better.

Just sayin'

• HTML-Kit Support, 12th Jun 2012 11:52 am

On 6/12/2012 3:26 AM, arbpen wrote:

Yes, I do have Firefox installed, and I do use the spell checker, but
          a grammar checker would be better.

I got spoiled using AtD with my WordPress blog. I use HTML when I'm
          writing, I don't like the WYSIWYG, and AtD doesn't pay any attention
          to the code when I invoke the proofreader.

For example, I got a new client who was nice enough to send his
          content in a Word document. I opened it in Open Office Writer so I
          could use the AtD plugin. There were no spelling errors, but it did
          have some suggestions as to rewording the content to make it read
          better.

Just sayin'

Hey Adrienne,

It looks interesting. I haven't had a chance to dive into their
          integration API. If there's a clean way to do it without mixed code +
          text issues, then I don't see a problem supporting it.

Chami