In css baccground color will not change in preview(will in browser)

  • Advertisement ( why? )
     

    Brianran, 23rd Jul 2012 11:36 am

    No matter how many times I change color, it still keeps showing original color
    Both HTML and CSS have been validated.
    However if you go to your browser(all the same result) and view the new color shows in the bacground.
    This has only appeared to be a problem after I used control F12
    Any ideas should i upload tree version and see result?

    • Brianran, 23rd Jul 2012 11:55 am

      It is the same on my main computer, but if you close files and tools down it comes out with the amended color.
      So I will not try changing CSS in new facility??

      • Dave P, 23rd Jul 2012 12:30 pm

        On 7/23/2012 12:55 PM, Brianran wrote:

        It is the same on my main computer, but if you close files and tools down it comes out with the amended color.
        So I will not try changing CSS in new facility??

        Let me see if I can guess exactly that you're doing:

        You have both your web page and your CSS file open; you make a change in
        your CSS file and without saving it, you switch to the web page and
        preview the page and you don't see the change you made in the CSS file.
        Is that correct? If so, try saving your changed CSS file before you
        switch to the preview. The preview reads the CSS file each time it's
        invoked, but if you haven't saved the changes, it's reading the file
        that was last saved.

        I can reproduce what you ares seeing using the scenario I described above.

        Dave Pyles

        Dave Pyles

        • Brianran, 23rd Jul 2012 2:00 pm

          Well I always save CSS file.
          I have tried it on both machines, and the color does not change.
          on the XP machine it changed the preview, but not the bottom one once.
          On my windows 7 laptop it will only work in both if you come out of tools and reload files.
          As it happens on both machhines it must be the program because i am using a different CSS file on both machines ie 4 attempts..
          I will leave it with you I did on occassion prior to this get an all green screen if that helps,also I am using entities setting. I am using a HTML5 setup for a simple file for my course.
          Thanks hope you spot the reason
          Brianran

          • HTML-Kit Support, 23rd Jul 2012 7:51 pm

            On 7/23/2012 2:00 PM, Brianran wrote:

            Well I always save CSS file.
            I have tried it on both machines, and the color does not change.
            on the XP machine it changed the preview, but not the bottom one
            once.
            On my windows 7 laptop it will only work in both if you come out of
            tools and reload files.
            As it happens on both machhines it must be the program because i am
            using a different CSS file on both machines ie 4 attempts..
            I will leave it with you I did on occassion prior to this get an all
            green screen if that helps,also I am using entities setting. I am
            using a HTML5 setup for a simple file for my course.
            Thanks hope you spot the reason
            Brianran

            CSS files have a way of being sticky and this is a case of CSS loading
            from the cache. If you make a few changes to HTML the CSS should refresh
            itself, even if you don't reopen Tools.

            Regardless of the reason though, this can get pretty annoying specially
            when you're trying to test quick changes to external CSS files. I've
            posted a new TreeHouse build (20120719) with a workaround for this. It
            should solve cached CSS issue but please let me know if it doesn't.

            Thank you for reporting this!

            Chami

            • Brianran, 24th Jul 2012 6:15 am

              Well I am glad that it isn't me At my age I can have doubts.
              Worked first time changed a few and text and appeared ok.
              Thanks
              Brianran

              • HTML-Kit Support, 24th Jul 2012 7:50 am

                On 7/24/2012 6:15 AM, Brianran wrote:

                Well I am glad that it isn't me At my age I can have doubts.
                Worked first time changed a few and text and appeared ok.
                Thanks
                Brianran

                Great! I'm glad to hear that it worked.

                Thanks for the follow up.

                Chami