HTML-Kit Tools Unresponsive to Keystroke Editing

• Advertisement ( why? )

Yomi, 27th Feb 2014 2:06 pm

Hi Chami
    Since yesterday, my trial HKT has not been appropriately responding to keystroke editing. What do I need to do?

• HTML-Kit Support, 27th Feb 2014 2:21 pm

On 2/27/2014 2:06 PM, Yomi wrote:

Hi Chami
      Since yesterday, my trial HKT has not been appropriately responding
      to keystroke editing. What do I need to do?

Hmmm... could there be a typo in edited plugin?

Here's what you could do to see if that's the case: select a new profile
      from "Kit > Profile" menu on the top right-hand corner. If Keyboard
      Shortcuts / Shorthand are working in that profile, the ones in your
      default profile might have a small typo or syntax error.

Chami

• Yomi, 27th Feb 2014 3:40 pm

Chami
        I tried all the other profiles, same results.

• HTML-Kit Support, 27th Feb 2014 4:18 pm

On 2/27/2014 3:40 PM, Yomi wrote:

Chami
          I tried all the other profiles, same results.

Can you give me some more details? Which menu option are you using when
          you say Keystroke Editing? Is it "Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts?" If you
          have steps to reproduce what you're experiencing it'd make it easier for
          me to figure out what might be the problem.

Chami

• Yomi, 27th Feb 2014 5:27 pm

I was using the Trial version profile, and change to the other five (5) profiles with no solution.
            I didn't use any shortcut or plugin. Just normal editing of the css code attributes, like "left", "top" for 'subscript-underdots", but suddenly stopped responding with appropriate responses.

• HTML-Kit Support, 27th Feb 2014 5:44 pm

On 2/27/2014 5:27 PM, Yomi wrote:

I was using the Trial version profile, and change to the other five
              (5) profiles with no solution.
              I didn't use any shortcut or plugin. Just normal editing of the css
              code attributes, like "left", "top" for 'subscript-underdots", but
              suddenly stopped responding with appropriate responses.

I'm really sorry I'm not understanding your question. Switching between
              reading code and reading natural language seems to mess up my brain :)

Could you please explain again to this bird brain step by step what's
              happening? What are you typing/pressing and what is it suddenly not doing?

Chami

• Yomi, 27th Feb 2014 9:08 pm

I was using the Trial version profile editing, changing numbers of css attributes "left", "top" etc, say from 90.00px to 97.00px, when it suddenly will not respond properly to typing. I tried the other six profiles, Testing, Work, Home, School and Plugin profiles after your recommendation. It didn't have any effect.

• HTML-Kit Support, 27th Feb 2014 10:05 pm

On 2/27/2014 9:08 PM, Yomi wrote:

I was using the Trial version profile editing, changing numbers of
                  css attributes "left", "top" etc, say from 90.00px to 97.00px, when
                  it suddenly will not respond properly to typing. I tried the other
                  six profiles, Testing, Work, Home, School and Plugin profiles after
                  your recommendation. It didn't have any effect.

At first I thought this may have been related to editing Keyboard
                  Shortcuts or Shorthand. So changing the profile was a way to check if
                  that was the case.

Since you haven't changed any of those shortcuts, I don't know why it'd
                  suddenly not respond to typing. It may not even be related to HTML-Kit
                  itself but without details on how to reproduce this I have no clue I'm
                  afraid.

Chami

• Yomi, 28th Feb 2014 11:10 am

Chami
                    Whenever I increased css attribute "top" by 7px, it used to tab down about one enter-key spacing as it should be. But when I do that now, It doesn't, but duplicates half way down thus blurring the output on the preview screen. It does respond somewhat, but not appropriately as it should. This happens on the preview screen, not the keyboard.

• HTML-Kit Support, 28th Feb 2014 11:21 am

On 2/28/2014 11:10 AM, Yomi wrote:

Chami
                      Whenever I increased css attribute "top" by 7px, it used to tab down
                      about one enter-key spacing as it should be. But when I do that now,
                      It doesn't, but duplicates half way down thus blurring the output on
                      the preview screen. It does respond somewhat, but not appropriately
                      as it should. This happens on the preview screen, not the keyboard.

Are you saying that the way your CSS comes out in the preview is not
                      what you expect?

You're not really having any problems typing in HTML-Kit editor itself?

Chami

• Yomi, 28th Feb 2014 4:08 pm

No. I have no problem with the keystroke typing in. It is the representation output on the preview screen that is faulty. It duplicates and blurs instead of coming out as a single line displaced as the "top" value amendment dictates.

• HTML-Kit Support, 28th Feb 2014 5:35 pm

On 2/28/2014 4:08 PM, Yomi wrote:

No. I have no problem with the keystroke typing in. It is the
                          representation output on the preview screen that is faulty. It
                          duplicates and blurs instead of coming out as a single line displaced
                          as the "top" value amendment dictates.

Oh man... how could I ever guess that from a title like "Unresponsive to
                          Keystroke Editing?" :)

Chances are this isn't a HTML-Kit problem but if you'd like to post the
                          URL to your HTML+CSS (or upload a test page to your website and post the
                          link) we can take a look at your CSS.

Chami

• Dave P, 28th Feb 2014 5:50 pm

On 2/28/2014 6:35 PM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

On 2/28/2014 4:08 PM, Yomi wrote:

No. I have no problem with the keystroke typing in. It is the
                            representation output on the preview screen that is faulty. It
                            duplicates and blurs instead of coming out as a single line displaced
                            as the "top" value amendment dictates.

Oh man... how could I ever guess that from a title like "Unresponsive to
                            Keystroke Editing?" :)

Chances are this isn't a HTML-Kit problem but if you'd like to post the
                            URL to your HTML+CSS (or upload a test page to your website and post the
                            link) we can take a look at your CSS.

Chami

I've been following this thread. It would be nice if Yomi would post a
                            couple of screenshots, one before the CSS edit and one after showing the
                            "duplicates and blurs."

Dave Pyles

• Yomi, 28th Feb 2014 10:58 pm

I have sent screenshots via email to 'htmlkit<snip>'.

• HTML-Kit Support, 28th Feb 2014 11:17 pm

On 2/28/2014 10:58 PM, Yomi wrote:

I just saw them. It doesn't look like a HTML-Kit issue.

You could try pressing F8 to preview your page in the default browser.
                                It may preview the way you expect in some browsers but not in others. If
                                you prefer not to post a link to a test page, you might want to check if
                                there are any issues with the framework/layout.

Chami

• Dave P, 1st Mar 2014 5:58 am

On 2/28/2014 11:58 PM, Yomi wrote:

OK, I, of course, don't see those. Sorry.
                                Dave Pyles