HTML-Kit Tools general release coming this week

  • Advertisement ( why? )
     

    HTML-Kit Support, 18th Mar 2015 11:29 am

    The latest HTML-Kit Tools build will become a new general release by the
    end of this week.

    I've delayed it several times to squeeze in requests that have come in
    since the first release candidate. If you haven't checked out any test
    builds in a while, you still have a day or so to kick the tires:

    http://www.htmlkit.com/assistant/

    This is also a good time to get a HTML-Kit registration on sale as
    you'll get this update with it:

    http://www.htmlkit.com/register/

    If you've been following TreeHouse builds, you won't see anything
    surprising since this release is simply making the latest available to
    everyone else. Thank you very much for your feedback, patience and
    supporting 2014 development marathon.

    The next round of TreeHouse builds will begin shortly after, with some
    biggies that didn't make it to this general release. Stick around if
    you're feeling adventurous!

    Chami ( http://www.htmlkit.com/contact/ )

    • HT1521, 19th Mar 2015 8:34 am

      Any chance of fixing the Image Picker? I can live without the custom tags for a while but it would be nice if you could fix the cut & paste not working if that's a simple fix.

      Regards,
      Ian.

      • HTML-Kit Support, 20th Mar 2015 12:27 am

        On 3/19/2015 8:34 AM, HT1521 wrote:

        Any chance of fixing the Image Picker? I can live without the custom
        tags for a while but it would be nice if you could fix the cut &
        paste not working if that's a simple fix.

        Regards,
        Ian.

        Hi Ian,

        Just posted RC7 to fix this :) and with it you'll be able to use Ctrl+C,
        Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Delete and Ctrl+Z inside the custom tag field.

        Thank you for the reminder and I'm sorry it's taken this long.

        Chami

        • HT1521, 23rd Mar 2015 3:02 pm

          It works! Although Ctrl-A doesn't , but you can't have everything ;-) Thanks for fixing this, and look forward to multiple Custom Tags soon!

          Regards,
          Ian.

          • HTML-Kit Support, 23rd Mar 2015 4:00 pm

            On 3/23/2015 3:02 PM, HT1521 wrote:

            It works! Although Ctrl-A doesn't , but you can't have everything ;-)
            Thanks for fixing this, and look forward to multiple Custom Tags
            soon!

            Regards,
            Ian.

            Ha ha! I see what you did there!

            Well, since I have to do a new make anyway to change the build label to
            20150320, you might get Ctrl+A everything after all :)

            Chami

    • HTML-Kit Support, 21st Mar 2015 2:19 am

      The general release is ready to download now and the pages will be
      updated in the next couple of days.

      http://www.htmlkit.com/assistant/

      Chami

      • bill, 21st Mar 2015 9:51 am

        On 3/21/2015 3:19 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

        The general release is ready to download now and the pages will
        be updated in the next couple of days.

        http://www.htmlkit.com/assistant/

        Chami

        The release is tagged as
        HTML-Kit Tools for Windows 20150102
        Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service
        Pack 1), 64-bit/WOW64
        IE 9.11.9600.17691, COMCTL32 6.16, SHELL32 6.1.7601.35583, 50727
        4,194,304 KB out of 4,194,304 KB of physical memory available.
        .NET Framework 2.0.50727.5485 (r) / v2.0.50727 (clr) / 1.1 SP1,
        2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, 4.0 (i)
        3 monitors (-1050, -600, 3200, 1080): (0, 0, 1920, 1080), 32 bpp;
        (-1050, -600, 0, 1080), 32 bpp; (1920, 0, 3200, 1024), 32 bpp

        shouldn't it be 210503xx ?

        Or did I download too soon ?

        • HTML-Kit Support, 21st Mar 2015 10:14 am

          On 3/21/2015 9:51 AM, bill wrote:

          On 3/21/2015 3:19 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

          The general release is ready to download now and the pages will be
          updated in the next couple of days.

          http://www.htmlkit.com/assistant/

          Chami

          The release is tagged as
          HTML-Kit Tools for Windows 20150102
          Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1),
          64-bit/WOW64
          IE 9.11.9600.17691, COMCTL32 6.16, SHELL32 6.1.7601.35583, 50727
          4,194,304 KB out of 4,194,304 KB of physical memory available.
          .NET Framework 2.0.50727.5485 (r) / v2.0.50727 (clr) / 1.1 SP1, 2.0
          SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, 4.0 (i)
          3 monitors (-1050, -600, 3200, 1080): (0, 0, 1920, 1080), 32 bpp;
          (-1050, -600, 0, 1080), 32 bpp; (1920, 0, 3200, 1024), 32 bpp

          shouldn't it be 210503xx ?

          Or did I download too soon ?

          You didn't download it too soon. It probably would have made sense to
          use a 201503xx tag. I guess I'm being optimistic about jump starting new
          TreeHouse builds and not waiting as long in between general releases.

          Bill, thanks again for your help with DM14. It really helped.

          Chami

          • Luca, 23rd Mar 2015 3:54 am

            Hi Chami,
            I see only release of january 2nd... no more recent release. Is that correct?
            Luca.

            • HTML-Kit Support, 23rd Mar 2015 9:57 am

              On 3/23/2015 3:54 AM, Luca wrote:

              Hi Chami,
              I see only release of january 2nd... no more recent release. Is that correct?
              Luca.

              Hi Luca,

              That's just a bad labeling system on my end. Even though it's labeled
              build 20150102, it actually includes everything from the last release
              candidate posted on March 19th 2015.

              The build label usually lags behind the release date because of internal
              technical reasons. You and Bill have a great point so I will correct the
              label of this release. I think the old way is still okay for TreeHouse
              test builds but not for general releases.

              20150320 coming up :)

              Chami

              • rodfarias, 23rd Mar 2015 6:39 pm

                Is there a changelog for review?

                • HTML-Kit Support, 23rd Mar 2015 6:42 pm

                  On 3/23/2015 6:39 PM, rodfarias wrote:

                  Is there a changelog for review?

                  Hi,

                  There will be with the official announcement. I'm preparing it now with
                  screenshots.

                  Chami

                  • rodfarias, 23rd Mar 2015 6:50 pm

                    OK, thanks.

              • bill, 24th Mar 2015 5:23 am

                On 3/23/2015 10:57 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

                On 3/23/2015 3:54 AM, Luca wrote:

                Hi Chami,
                I see only release of january 2nd... no more recent release. Is
                that correct?
                Luca.

                Hi Luca,

                That's just a bad labeling system on my end. Even though it's
                labeled build 20150102, it actually includes everything from the
                last release candidate posted on March 19th 2015.

                The build label usually lags behind the release date because of
                internal technical reasons. You and Bill have a great point so I
                will correct the label of this release. I think the old way is
                still okay for TreeHouse test builds but not for general releases.

                20150320 coming up :)

                Chami

                Well, it just depends on how much you want to confuse folk.
                :-)

                bill

                • HTML-Kit Support, 24th Mar 2015 6:44 am

                  On 3/24/2015 5:23 AM, bill wrote:

                  On 3/23/2015 10:57 AM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

                  On 3/23/2015 3:54 AM, Luca wrote:

                  Hi Chami,
                  I see only release of january 2nd... no more recent release. Is
                  that correct?
                  Luca.

                  Hi Luca,

                  That's just a bad labeling system on my end. Even though it's
                  labeled build 20150102, it actually includes everything from the
                  last release candidate posted on March 19th 2015.

                  The build label usually lags behind the release date because of
                  internal technical reasons. You and Bill have a great point so I
                  will correct the label of this release. I think the old way is
                  still okay for TreeHouse test builds but not for general releases.

                  20150320 coming up :)

                  Chami

                  Well, it just depends on how much you want to confuse folk.
                  :-)

                  bill

                  No jokes about robots and non-linear time? :)

                  Chami

                  • bill, 25th Mar 2015 6:07 am

                    >

                    No jokes about robots and non-linear time? :)

                    Chami

                    I never joke about robots or non-linear time.
                    It's not my fault that AIs (Artificial Intelligence Beings) have
                    an imperfect sense of "self" that causes them to interpret
                    comments about them as "jokes" about robots.
                    (unless I misperceive and this is a budding sense of humor)

                    As to your use of faster than light mail (tachyon mail), what is,
                    is. But you knew that this note was going to say that.

                    -bill

                    • HTML-Kit Support, 25th Mar 2015 7:19 am

                      On 3/25/2015 6:07 AM, bill wrote:
                      >

                      >

                      No jokes about robots and non-linear time? :)

                      Chami

                      I never joke about robots or non-linear time. It's not my fault that
                      AIs (Artificial Intelligence Beings) have an imperfect sense of
                      "self" that causes them to interpret comments about them as "jokes"
                      about robots. (unless I misperceive and this is a budding sense of
                      humor)

                      As to your use of faster than light mail (tachyon mail), what is, is.
                      But you knew that this note was going to say that.

                      -bill

                      lol That's the Bill I don't kid with :)

                      Chami