F12 preview no longer updates - v. 20131106

  • Advertisement ( why? )
     

    acanthous, 21st Jul 2014 7:17 pm

    F12 preview worked fine for a couple of weeks after I first installed HTML-kit tools. Previewing an .html file accurately reflected changes made and saved in the associated .css file (both stored locally).

    Now, the F12 preview will only show changes made to the .html file - if I make changes to the .css and then save it, F12 preview ignores the changes. I can see that they have taken effect because ctrl-F12 and preview in browser both work fine.

    I have no memory of changing any settings that should cause this behavior. Help? The only similar question I could find in the forums is http://www.html-kit.com/forums/html-kit-tools/problem-with-update-preview-in-html-kit-tools-800/ but it is unresolved and not helpful.

    I looked for a cache to clear but couldn't see a menu item for that.

    • HTML-Kit Support, 22nd Jul 2014 8:20 pm

      On 7/21/2014 7:17 PM, acanthous wrote:

      F12 preview worked fine for a couple of weeks after I first
      installed HTML-kit tools. Previewing an .html file accurately
      reflected changes made and saved in the associated .css file (both
      stored locally).

      Now, the F12 preview will only show changes made to the .html file -
      if I make changes to the .css and then save it, F12 preview ignores
      the changes. I can see that they have taken effect because ctrl-F12
      and preview in browser both work fine.

      I have no memory of changing any settings that should cause this
      behavior. Help? The only similar question I could find in the forums
      is
      http://www.html-kit.com/forums/html-kit-tools/problem-with-update-preview-in-html-kit-tools-800/
      but it is unresolved and not helpful.

      I looked for a cache to clear but couldn't see a menu item for that.

      Hi,

      I'm seeing this question come up more and more often these days so I've
      been testing a common solution. Timing is good since there's a
      development marathon going on so I'll be posting a few builds to address
      this on:

      http://www.html-kit.com/forums/treehouse/

      Please let me know if you don't see anything that helps within a few days.

      Chami

      • HTML-Kit Support, 25th Jul 2014 12:55 am

        On 7/22/2014 8:20 PM, HTML-Kit Support wrote:

        On 7/21/2014 7:17 PM, acanthous wrote:

        F12 preview worked fine for a couple of weeks after I first
        installed HTML-kit tools. Previewing an .html file accurately
        reflected changes made and saved in the associated .css file (both
        stored locally).

        Now, the F12 preview will only show changes made to the .html file
        - if I make changes to the .css and then save it, F12 preview
        ignores the changes. I can see that they have taken effect because
        ctrl-F12 and preview in browser both work fine.
        ...

        Hi,

        Just posted a new build with a possible solution to this. There's likely
        to be more tests, but if you get a chance to try it please let me know
        if you still get a cached preview.

        http://www.html-kit.com/forums/treehouse/dm14-build-20140706-651/

        Chami

        • acanthous, 26th Jul 2014 1:11 pm

          It's working well so far, thanks! I'll post again if it starts acting up.

          • HTML-Kit Support, 26th Jul 2014 1:22 pm

            On 7/26/2014 1:11 PM, acanthous wrote:

            It's working well so far, thanks! I'll post again if it starts
            acting up.

            Woohoo! Thanks for checking it out.

            Chami