Crashing when trying to change something in a specific file

• Advertisement ( why? )

Wide, 20th Jul 2013 8:25 am

Hi,

I have a serious problem using html-kit tools.
    Every time I try to change anything in my index.php file when it crashed.
    I can open the index file, but can't save anything.
    Sometimes it even display old content when opening it, like there is an old local file.

I even tried to copy the file, delete the old file, and then rename the new file to the old.
    But the program crashed as soon I try to rename the new file to the old filename.

Any suggestions how to fix this?
    The file is a standard html file without much content.

Using latest version:

HTML-KIT Tools
    Version 20130615

• HTML-Kit Support, 20th Jul 2013 10:00 am

On 7/20/2013 8:25 AM, Wide wrote:

Hi,

I have a serious problem using html-kit tools.
      Every time I try to change anything in my index.php file when it
      crashed.
      I can open the index file, but can't save anything.
      Sometimes it even display old content when opening it, like there is
      an old local file.

I even tried to copy the file, delete the old file, and then rename
      the new file to the old.
      But the program crashed as soon I try to rename the new file to the
      old filename.

Any suggestions how to fix this?
      The file is a standard html file without much content.

Using latest version:

HTML-KIT Tools
      Version 20130615

Hi,

I'd first run a scan on the hard drive because this has that feel if
      you're having trouble saving back to the old file. I'd also try copying
      and opening the file from another drive like a flash drive.

If you continue to have this problem, could you please email the
      particular file after removing any sensitive/proprietary info? I'll try
      to reproduce it here.

Chami

• HTML-Kit Support, 20th Jul 2013 11:56 am

On 7/20/2013 10:32 AM, Wide wrote:

Hi,

I modify the file directly from FTP.

Okay, so my first guess about the disk wouldn't directly apply since
          you're doing this on FTP.

You can download the file from there:
          http://www.pancardapplicationform.com/index.rar

Thank you for that. I've tried opening, editing, saving and renaming
          index_1.php. No problems on this end.

Now, it may sound like I'm coming up with crazy theories :) but please
          bear with me... do you have Windows Defender or other real-time virus
          scanner turned on? If so, try temporarily disabling it for a minute and
          uploading this file. Then turn it back on and repeat. Does that make a
          difference?

Chami

• Wide, 20th Jul 2013 4:23 pm

I have Zonealarm, maybe that's the one messing up (have been while gaming etc).
            Let me check that and get back to you :)

• Wide, 20th Jul 2013 4:24 pm

Zonealarm seems to the be one messing this up, thank's for the suggestion to disable it :)

• HTML-Kit Support, 21st Jul 2013 1:58 am

On 7/20/2013 4:24 PM, Wide wrote:

Zonealarm seems to the be one messing this up, thank's for the
                suggestion to disable it :)

Yay! Glad we found the problem and thanks for following up so I don't
                sound like a total dope :) Since you probably don't want to keep it
                disabled, ZA or some other scanner with an option to exclude certain
                directories/files should work better on development machines.

Chami

• Wide, 21st Jul 2013 10:11 am

The problem is back :(

I have uninstalled ZA completely now and disabled windows firewall as well.
                  Have also uninstalled like 10 unused programs, but the problem is still not fixed.

I do not have to save anything to get the problem.
                  I open the file -> Click chrome and press F5 to update the website -> Click back to HTML-kit, but it's not responding (cant even open the problem). It just crashed.

• HTML-Kit Support, 21st Jul 2013 10:43 am

On 7/21/2013 10:11 AM, Wide wrote:

The problem is back :(

I have uninstalled ZA completely now and disabled windows firewall
                    as well.
                    Have also uninstalled like 10 unused programs, but the problem is
                    still not fixed.

I do not have to save anything to get the problem.
                    I open the file -> Click chrome and press F5 to update the website ->
                    Click back to HTML-kit, but it's not responding (cant even open the
                    problem). It just crashed.

Hmm... is it still with this specific file? Also try going to Task
                    Manager and sort by CPU use.

Chami

• Tonybigears, 11th Aug 2013 6:15 am

Please forgive me as I am a bit of a newbie on this forum, I tried to post a new message but cannot find the link.

I have been using HTML kit for a couple of years now, and I am extremely pleased with it.

I have been using Google checkout to take payments on my site, www.paracordshop.co.uk for some time now, however Google in their infinite wisdom, have decided that they are no longer going to support checkout from November, therefore I have turned to Paypal.

I have no problem putting the scripts on the page, however a lot of my pages have multiple items on, and whenever I use more that 1 form entry I get an error message from Paypal, I understand that it is something very simple to implement in HTML kit to let me run more than 1 form on a single page but I cannot seem to find it in the preferences, can someone please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

• HTML-Kit Support, 11th Aug 2013 11:05 am

Hi,

On 8/11/2013 6:15 AM, Tonybigears wrote:

Please forgive me as I am a bit of a newbie on this forum, I tried to
                        post a new message but cannot find the link.

No biggie but just for FYI there's a "+ New Post" link next to "Recent
                        Posts" heading towards the top of http://www.html-kit.com/forums/

I have been using HTML kit for a couple of years now, and I am
                        extremely pleased with it.

I have been using Google checkout to take payments on my site,
                        www.paracordshop.co.uk for some time now, however Google in their
                        infinite wisdom, have decided that they are no longer going to
                        support checkout from November, therefore I have turned to Paypal.

I have no problem putting the scripts on the page, however a lot of
                        my pages have multiple items on, and whenever I use more that 1 form
                        entry I get an error message from Paypal, I understand that it is
                        something very simple to implement in HTML kit to let me run more
                        than 1 form on a single page but I cannot seem to find it in the
                        preferences, can someone please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

I wouldn't think this is HTML-Kit specific. You can find information
                        about adding multiple PayPal buttons on their developer portal:

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/integration/web/

and their forum:

https://www.paypal-community.com

Hope this helps. Please feel free to start a new thread if you have any
                        other questions.

Chami