Colorizer color settings themselves!

  • Advertisement ( why? )
     

    ginerjm, 23rd Mar 2013 9:20 am

    Is there a way to change the colors used BY and FOR the Colorizer screen? Templates too? When making changes to my templates or the colors for my editor I find it difficult to work with the default colors used. But I don't see a section label that applies to the templates or colorizer screens.

    • HTML-Kit Support, 25th Mar 2013 2:00 pm

      On 3/23/2013 9:20 AM, ginerjm wrote:

      Is there a way to change the colors used BY and FOR the Colorizer
      screen? Templates too? When making changes to my templates or the
      colors for my editor I find it difficult to work with the default
      colors used. But I don't see a section label that applies to the
      templates or colorizer screens.

      Hi,

      I'm not quite sure if I understand the question... if you're wanting to
      see the actual color of hex color codes in Colorizer Styles, you can
      open them in a regular editor window (instead of editing colors in "View

      Code Colorizer > Styles > Manage...") as follows:

      1. Select "File > Project > Create plugin project"

      2. Enter a name for the project window and click OK

      3. Browse to Plugin Folders > Colorizer Styles

      4. Double click your custom Colorizer Style

      If you double click hkThemeDark1.hcs, for example, hex color codes will
      show the actual colors under them.

      Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for.

      Chami

      • ginerjm, 17th Apr 2013 10:05 am

        No - I'm trying to find out if there is a way to modify the colors being used by the colorizer windows. Much as we use the colorizer screens to modify the look of the editor window, usage of the colorizer could be improved (imho) if I could also modify it's own colors. I don't want to see the colors represented by the codes - I want to see the colorizer screen "in color". :)

        • HTML-Kit Support, 18th Apr 2013 12:23 pm

          On 4/17/2013 10:05 AM, ginerjm wrote:

          No - I'm trying to find out if there is a way to modify the colors
          being used by the colorizer windows. Much as we use the colorizer
          screens to modify the look of the editor window, usage of the
          colorizer could be improved (imho) if I could also modify it's own
          colors. I don't want to see the colors represented by the codes - I
          want to see the colorizer screen "in color". :)

          Colorizer managers and most other plugin manager windows can definitely
          be made more graphical :)

          It sounds like, though, the main thing you're looking for -- the ability
          to see the color of hex codes in Colorizer Styles -- is there right now
          if you open it in the main editor. If you haven't yet, please try the
          "Create plugin project" method I mentioned earlier and those color codes
          in Colorizer Styles will also be underlined in the actual color.

          Chami

          • Luca, 19th Apr 2013 2:35 am

            I think that at the moment there are so few colorizer themes because creating new ones is not so easy. I am not sure but maybe in 292 it was easier to create new themes, am I wrong?

            I suggest this way:
            * Colorizer window could contain a default code (or maybe could allow to open a custom file) for many kind of files, such as html, css, php, and so on... in order to have a preview of the final theme.
            * Each "element" could be selectable and then could have a custom style. So, for example, I could select an html tag and make it bold red (in a way similar to Microsoft word), after this, all html tags in the preview will become bold red. The same operation on a comment will make every comments green,italic and in Arial font, and so on.
            * to change becakground color, siply right click on background and then select a color.

            A "graphical" creation of a new theme... I think that this could improve new downloadable themes.

            Personally I really like dark theme included in Notepad++. I tried in the past to reproduce it in Tools but... I always left beacuse it was a bit hard to reach the same result.....

          • ginerjm, 24th Sep 2013 9:33 am

            Following up with my original complaint again.

            NO - I am not looking for the hex values of anything. I just would like to be able to customize the colors OF the colorizer screens, the template screens, etc. The permanent settings on those screens are not very readable. For example, the cursor is so hard to locate when modifying my template code that I am always deleting characters in lines that I did not intend to do.

            Does this make better sense now?

            • HTML-Kit Support, 24th Sep 2013 9:41 am

              On 9/24/2013 9:33 AM, ginerjm wrote:

              Following up with my original complaint again.

              NO - I am not looking for the hex values of anything. I just would
              like to be able to customize the colors OF the colorizer screens, the
              template screens, etc. The permanent settings on those screens are
              not very readable. For example, the cursor is so hard to locate when
              modifying my template code that I am always deleting characters in
              lines that I did not intend to do.

              Does this make better sense now?

              Could you upload a screenshot of what you're describing to your site or
              other image upload site and post the URL? That way we'll know if we're
              on the same page.

              Chami