blank screen when previewing php pages

  • Advertisement ( why? )
     

    katsandogz, 28th Jun 2012 7:19 pm

    I just upgraded to v20120605 and now when I preview a php page, the preview window is blank, white. I cannot find anything in preferences to correct this. Help?

    • HTML-Kit Support, 28th Jun 2012 7:28 pm

      Hi,

      On 6/28/2012 7:19 PM, katsandogz wrote:

      I just upgraded to v20120605 and now when I preview a php page, the
      preview window is blank, white. I cannot find anything in preferences
      to correct this. Help?

      As a quick test, please try the "Add IE Preview" option on the Preview
      tab. Does that work for you?

      Chami

      • katsandogz, 28th Jun 2012 8:15 pm

        thank you. I had tried that. What I get is a horizontally split screen that is blank on top and the page appears on the bottom. That really doesn't work very well for me. I don't mind the F8 preview in FF but every time it opens a new tab. thank you for your help. katie

        • HTML-Kit Support, 29th Jun 2012 1:50 pm

          On 6/28/2012 8:15 PM, katsandogz wrote:

          thank you. I had tried that. What I get is a horizontally split
          screen that is blank on top and the page appears on the bottom. That
          really doesn't work very well for me. I don't mind the F8 preview in
          FF but every time it opens a new tab. thank you for your help. katie

          Hi Katie,

          I've posted a new TreeHouse build that restores local/static *.php
          previewing. No split view required :) unless you want to do WebKit+IE
          previewing at the same time. You can get this test build now from your
          User Assistant account.

          Also, if you'd like to preview in external browsers like FireFox, and
          even mobile phones and tablets, you might try Extended Preview feature:

          http://www.htmlkit.com/blog/qrcode-for-previewing-in-devices/

          It avoids opening new tabs, and automatically updates the preview as you
          edit.

          Hope this helps.

          Chami

          • katsandogz, 3rd Jul 2012 9:44 am

            Hi Chami,

            Thank you! The TH build did the trick. Interestingly, when I f8 now (ff default), I get the "using a temp copy. . . " message, even though the doc has been saved. I'll watch for updates. tx again, katie

            • katsandogz, 3rd Jul 2012 11:04 am

              Hi again Chami,

              Strike that last comment about f8 preview--must have been an anomaly--working OK now. katie

              • HTML-Kit Support, 5th Jul 2012 5:03 pm

                On 7/3/2012 11:04 AM, katsandogz wrote:

                Hi again Chami,

                Strike that last comment about f8 preview--must have been an
                anomaly--working OK now. katie

                Thank you for the follow-up, Katie. I appreciate it.

                Actually I think what you posted before about F8 preview was in fact an
                issue with TreeHouse build 20120621. If you preview a *.php file through
                F8 it'd complain because not all browsers would preview directly opened
                *.php files. Firefox though does preview them so I've changed this back.
                That's a long way of saying that in the latest TreeHouse build
                (20120624) you won't get a warning trying to preview *.php files with F8 :)

                I'm glad to hear that you're now able to preview *.php files in preview
                tab as before. Please don't hesitate to post again if anything else
                comes up.

                Chami